All PCI producer members are required to maintain PCI certification for their plants.
However, the PCI Plant Certification Program is industry-wide, available to all precast concrete producers -- PCI members and non-members alike. Owners, architects, engineers and contractors have always benefited in a number of important ways by specifying products produced in a PCI-certified plant:
- Specifying products from a PCI-certified plant prequalifies bidders you can count on to have an ongoing quality system in place and the capability to produce a superior product.
- Doing the job right the first time saves material and labor costs.
- Quality products help speed erection and reduce construction time.
- You deal with established producers. Many plants have been certified for more than 30 years and have earned a reputation for superior, reliable workmanship.
- There is no direct cost to you -- the certified plant pays ongoing fees which become part of doing business.
Certification by products offers the following important, additional benefits to owners, architects and engineers.
- Easier identification of plants prepared to fulfill special needs that the specifier may have.
- Increased assurance to owners that a certified plant will furnish products ideally suited for their project.
- Recognition of producer strengths.