2013 Competition Information
The PCI Student Education Committee is inviting entries from students to participate in the Engineering Student Design Competition for the 2012-2013 academic year. Each student team must work with a PCI Producer Member to build a precast concrete beam, per the specifications in the 2013 Big Beam Brochure below. The beams will be tested and prizes awarded for best performance in the stated areas.
The contest begins August 15, 2012, and ends June 15, 2013. All beams should be fabricated and tested within this time frame. Applications are due by March 15, 2013, and test reports are due by June 15, 2013, at PCI headquarters.
For additional information about the competition or sponsorship opportunities, contact:
Thank you to the following PCI Producers who participated in the 2012 competition and supported Big Beam teams:
- Clark Pacific, West Sacramento, Calif.
- Knife River Corporation – Northwest, Harrisburg, Ore.
- Coreslab Structures (TEXAS) Inc., Cedar Park, Texas
- Coreslab Structures (KANSAS) Inc., Kansas City, Kans.
- Coreslab Structures (OMAHA) Inc., Bellevue, Neb.
- StresCore Inc., South Bend, Ind.
- Prestress Engineering Company, Blackstone, Ill.
- Oldcastle Precast, Rehoboth, Mass.
- Northeast Prestressed Products, LLC, Cressona, Pa.
- Newcrete Products, Roaring Springs, Pa.
- J.P. Carrara & Sons, Middlebury, Vt.
- Unistress Corporation, Pittsfield, Mass.
- Finfrock Industries, Inc. Apopka, Fla.
- Standard Concrete Products, Tampa, Fla.
- Gate Precast Company, Jacksonville, Fla.
- ARMTEC, Winnipeg, ON, Canada
- Samuel S. Conde & Assoc., Santa Domindo, D.N.
- PSI Prestressed Systems, Inc., Windsor, ON, Canada